cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Email to Dropbox not working, no files uploading.

Email to Dropbox not working, no files uploading.

jamesalm
Helpful | Level 6

I've been using the email to dropbox function pretty consistently for a few months now. Just today I noticed it doesn't seem to be working. I have an application setup to email invoices to my dropbox email for later processing. The emails I sent this morning did not hit my folder (but the emails and files did go out). I tested it by sending an email from my regular email and the file I attached again did not make it to my folder. I confirmed the dropbox email hasn't been changed and I don't see anything on the dropbox status page about this being an issue. 

46 Replies 46

treebranchmedia
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I do not believe that you have found the root cause as many of us are experiencing the same issue again. We are not seeing any of our scheduled email go to the email attachments folder (and yes, the emails have attachments). Since the mail does not go to the folder, our downstream locations are having the necessary files updated. 

jamesalm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I think we're back. For how long, who knows. 

ocHoco
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Agree with @GreyFox386 and @treebranchmedia.

So much, by the way, for the Community Manager's assertion two weeks ago that they'd "indeed addressed the root cause".

To reiterate a sentiment I expressed earlier, I consider it a disingenuous deflection on the Community Manager's part to have been reminding in these responses that the file needs to be properly attached for Email to Dropbox to work.

A Community Manager / Moderator response to this problem is not at all the appropriate forum for issuing such a reminder or "ensuring that users are clear on how Email to Dropbox works". One hand will forever be enough to count the number of Dropbox users purposely seeking out or visiting this thread who need such a reminder.

If by issuing such reminders here, your purpose is to be condescending, then well done: Mission accomplished.

Something closer to an actual explanation for what might be at the root of or causing the outages would be more welcome than another trite declaration that the root cause has indeed been addressed - for real this time, assuredlybeyond all question.

treebranchmedia
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Apologies, we reported as a recurring issue however our source data supplier has since indicated it is their issue. Apologies!

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Community guys! 🤗

Our Team seems to have resolved the reported issues. 

If you're still encountering anything similar though, don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you! 🤓

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Fredrik W.1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It doesnt work. Chrome, icloud, attached files. Still nothing

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Fredrik W.1, thanks for posting here! 

We didn't have any recent reports about this feature. Would you be able to tell me more, as to when it started happening? 

Do you notice this behavior only when you're using Chrome, or with different browsers too? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?