cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Files stay here, for the team

"files stay here for the team" prevents me from moving files from team to personal folder

msakten
Helpful | Level 6

I - a TEAM ADMIN - cannot move files or folders from a team folder, to my personal (i.e. ADMIN) folder. I get an incredibly annoying message "files stay here for the team". How do I get around this?

53 Replies 53

mgambrell
Collaborator | Level 8

To their credit, they did a good job on selective sync and the "online only" feature, both of which were very helpful for adding value to the core product. Selective sync was actually a workaround for dropbox 32bit process crashing when it created too much work for itself, but the "online only" is such a magically delicious, ingeniously simple, and massively superior solution, that I like to imagine it only happened because they somehow traced them down to all their own private islands and "got the old engineering gang back together for one last mission". 

Now back to your regularly scheduled desktop client programming. Today's episode "bold blue bar prompting me to try free signatures".

XionicFire
Collaborator | Level 9

@mgambrell wrote:

To their credit, they did a good job on selective sync and the "online only" feature, both of which were very helpful for adding value to the core product. Selective sync was actually a workaround for dropbox 32bit process crashing when it created too much work for itself, but the "online only" is such a magically delicious, ingeniously simple, and massively superior solution, that I like to imagine it only happened because they somehow traced them down to all their own private islands and "got the old engineering gang back together for one last mission". 

Yep I agree

Now back to your regularly scheduled desktop client programming. Today's episode "bold blue bar prompting me to try free signatures".

🤣

marcoroth
New member | Level 2

We started to see the same thing this week, this is super annoying and is now breaking a use-case for us that has been working for years.

centralpenn
New member | Level 2

Not to pile on, but I am also experiencing this and it is very difficult to work around.  Thank you for working on it and, please let us know when fixed.

snapperfish73
Explorer | Level 4

That's great to hear, thanks Dropbox! The problem has just started happening to me too after years of using Dropbox happily. Very frustrating. I look forward to the update asap.

mgambrell
Collaborator | Level 8

Finally, we have the answer to my question of "and what about the files littered in the team root directory?" answer: moved into "assorted content" team folder:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Delete-edit-and-organize/Files-deleted-missing-after-some-changes-ma...

Angela1204j
Helpful | Level 5

This seems to be a new (and extremely, insanely annoying) feature. How do you turn it off and turn it off permanently? I DO NOT want to "copy the files then go back and delete" because, say if I have 10 files in there, and I want to MOVE 5 - by copying 5 then going back and deleting the 5, I might end up deleting the wrong ones.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO MOVE THE FILES LIKE I USED TO BE ABLE TO. Dropbox - turn off this feature now.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Angela1204j, sorry to hear about that! 

I've merged your post under a relevant, similar thread. Feel free to take a look here, and the comments that have been shared from the rest of the Community members, and managers. 

Your feedback regarding this has been very valuable and noted, and I will endeavor to make sure your voice is heard.

Keep an eye out for an update as Nada, our Community Manager mentioned here

Thank you!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Angela1204j
Helpful | Level 5

Where is the thread?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Angela1204j, you can find the thread by following this link.

Let us know if you have anything else to ask or add. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?