cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio playback speed controls in IOS app

Audio playback speed controls in IOS app

Dan90
Helpful | Level 5

In the December app update, I discovered that Dropbox had added speed controls for 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x playback. As well as also very useful skip back/forwards 15 seconds within the app itself.

I'm a corporate user who has to regularly review audio files - so the added controls were an invaluable timesaver for me. I had to review around 40 hours of audio in December as an example.

However having updated the app again in the last 24 hours (to 312.2), I've discovered these controls have been removed. I've logged a ticket with support, however they have suggested I post it as an idea here ... for which I'd be interested to know if others also found this useful. Am aware this can work on desktop, but I find the best experience to listen to audio can be had whilst mobile and on the move.

It would be really helpful if those that also used it and liked this feature could support this idea so that hopefully the feature can be re-introduced.

Thanks for reading! Dan.

Latest Update
Walter
Dropbox Staff
This idea has been delivered!

Thank you for your support!
Status changed to: Delivered
23 Comments
JoB23
New member | Level 2

I agree with littlefellow that a speed between 0.5x and 1x would be extremely useful to singers using audio files to learn music.

emilyc123
Dropbox Product Manager

@JoB23 @littlefellow I'm happy to update that you can now also have the option to adjust playback speed to .75x for audio and video files! This is already available on Dropbox web and the iOS app, and will be available in the next Android app that is set to release on 6/6/23.

Thank you for your feedback! 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
This idea has been delivered!

Thank you for your support!
Status changed to: Delivered