cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox attachment in gmail

Dropbox attachment in gmail

erlend w.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

When I try to add an attachment from dropbox to a mail in gmail, I receive a message in gmail "can not upload the file". This error occurs only on one smartphone with android 12. If I do the same , with the same dropbox and google account, on an other android phone (android 11 )or an android tablet, there is no problem. Both phones have the same app version of gmail

251 Replies 251

Ash3185
Helpful | Level 6
Have a new phone upgraded few weeks ago and have same issue with Dropbox. Can't attach any files to email.On old phone working as normal.

Shakes50
Explorer | Level 4
I'm having the same issue. Never had a problem before... Now suddenly, I can't attach ANY file from Dropbox when doing it on my Android. Computer works fine. The entire reason I use Dropbox is to be able to attach files when working from my phone.

erlend w.
Helpful | Level 6

I think k that Dropbox has a big bug problem!

They can not even send an answer to a message from the community. :))

RMadruga
Helpful | Level 6
I've been looking into other options... won't pay much longer for something that doesn't allow me to work on my phone.

Sam DBX
Community Manager

Hi all,

Just to assure you that our team has this issue flagged (and are actively working on it). 

We've shared the feedback from the Community and hope to resolve it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience so far! 

Metro Condo
Helpful | Level 6
Thanks, Samantha. Please note:
Can't attach file from Dropbox to Gmail but also can't download an email attachment to Dropbox anymore. Only option is GoogleDocs!!!

Sam DBX
Community Manager

Hi @Metro Condo ,

Sorry to hear you are having issues there. Are you also using Android?

Thank you

VickiBurbank
Helpful | Level 6
I am. Samsung S22 Ultra

Metro Condo
Helpful | Level 6
Yes, I'm using an Android. Now my only proven is that I can't attach a file from Dropbox to a Gmail email.

burtdp
Explorer | Level 4

The Android problem seems to be with the Gmail App and Dropbox.

I have a workaround to use Outlook on my Android, I now can attach Dropbox files using Outlook.

Try another email app like Outlook on your Android while the Dropbox team gets this issue resolved with Gmail.

Hope it works!

Need more support?