cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox link not working in Notion - "content not found" error (mac OS)

Dropbox link not working in Notion - "content not found" error (mac OS)

soyoung
New member | Level 2

Hi all, 

soyoung_0-1712379042620.png

notion cannot read dropbox links. how can I solve this problem? I can see my notion account and dropbox account is linked.  below is the answer to the notion. I have tried those but it still does not work. I use notion desktop app in mac os. 

The issue might be due to a broken link or permissions. Here are some steps to fix this:

1. Ensure the link is correct. You can do this by copying the link and pasting it into a new browser tab. If the content does not load, the link might be broken.

2. Check the sharing settings on the Dropbox file. If the file is not set to be shared publicly or with the right people, it will not load in Notion.

3. Try generating a new share link in Dropbox and replace the old link in Notion with the new one.

If the problem persists, it might be a technical issue with Notion or Dropbox. In that case, you could try reaching out to their customer support for assistance.

thank you! 

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

If you paste the link for the file in to an incognito window does it work?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

svsthd
New member | Level 2

I have the same issue. 😞  Link works in incognito mode 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @svsthd, sorry to hear that you're having an issue.

I'm afraid that if the link works in Dropbox and browsers/incognito windows not connected to a Dropbox account, this is probably an issue more on Notion's end.

Have you tried reaching out to their support team?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    svsthd New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?