cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling an account associated with an email I no longer have access to

Cancelling an account associated with an email I no longer have access to

ask1234
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have a subscription for a dropbox account that is associated with an old work email that I no longer have access to. I can't log in because of the two factor authentication that sends an email to that account. There does not appear to be a way to actually contact customer service. How can I cancel this subscription? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@ask1234 wrote:

I have a subscription for a dropbox account that is associated with an old work email that I no longer have access to. ... How can I cancel this subscription? 

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@ask1234 wrote:

I have a subscription for a dropbox account that is associated with an old work email that I no longer have access to. ... How can I cancel this subscription? 

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. Visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

ask1234
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I’ve gone through the steps to get my subscription cancelled for an account where I no longer have access to the associated email address. I asked a question on here, did what the responder suggested, and filled out a web form to cancel my subscription listing both email addresses for the account I wanted to cancel and where I can currently be reached. I never got a response after filling out the form, and have been charged again. How do I contact a person from this company and get a back and forth response?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@ask1234 wrote:
I ... filled out a web form to cancel my subscription listing both email addresses for the account ... I never got a response after filling out the form ...

Reply back here with the ticket number you received and a Dropboxer can look into it on Monday.

How do I contact a person from this company and get a back and forth response?

The steps I listed previously is how you contact Support. There is no other method.

ask1234
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Ticket number? There was no ticket number. I filled out the form and never heard back. This is the worst customer service experience I’ve ever encountered. It really can’t be called customer service at this point.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@ask1234 wrote:
Ticket number? There was no ticket number. I filled out the form and never heard back.

If the form was completed you would have received a ticket number in your email, provided that you entered an email address that you still have access to. Check your spam/junk folder to make sure it didn't go there. If you don't see an email from Dropbox, I'd submit the form again just to be sure.

Tagging @Hannah @Megan @Nancy @Jay @Walter in case they can help get a ticket started for you.

ask1234
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I gave the email address that I could be reached at in the body of the text. I gave the email associated with the account I wanted to cancel in the box where it asked for the email address associated with the account. Clearly, it still doesn't reach a human at that point. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@ask1234 wrote:

I gave the email associated with the account I wanted to cancel in the box where it asked for the email address associated with the account.

Pretty sure that the system would have sent any responses to that email. Do it again and flip the addresses, or wait for a Dropboxer to see this on Monday when they're back in the office.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    ask1234 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?