cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find the backup button in "Preferences"

Cannot find the backup button in "Preferences"

OldAbe
New member | Level 2

Any thoughts on what I am missing? Is this a setting that a workplace (higher education) administrator could have turned off?

Thanks!

OldAbe_0-1710947684101.png

OldAbe_1-1710947728986.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

@OldAbe wrote:

Is this a setting that a workplace (higher education) administrator could have turned off?

If you're part of a team account, yes, your team admin could have the Backup feature turned off. However I don't know if that would make the Backups tab disappear or not.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@OldAbe wrote:

Is this a setting that a workplace (higher education) administrator could have turned off?

If you're part of a team account, yes, your team admin could have the Backup feature turned off. However I don't know if that would make the Backups tab disappear or not.

OldAbe
New member | Level 2

Thanks Rich! That seems like a plausible option and one that I can follow up with internally. Alternatively, I can always try to do it piecemeal with selective sync on subfolders. (349 GB Dropbox folder with only 150 GB left on computer SSD).

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

OldAbe New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?