cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox links lead to white screen & I can't preview them.

Dropbox links lead to white screen & I can't preview them.

Arveilles
Explorer | Level 4

I cannot access any files through a dropbox link as every link I click leads to a white screen on the page. Reloading or closing the browser doesn't work, neither does opening on another browser or device.

11 Replies 11

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, @Arveilles, let's jump right into this! 

Have you tried an incognito tab on your browser, or even clearing the cache on one of the browsers? 

If you don't mind, please feel free to send me a screenshot of the page that you see on your end, in order for me to have a visual. 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RKM53
Explorer | Level 4

I've got exactly this same problem, started within the last hour or so  - all shared links lead to a blank white screen.

RKM53
Explorer | Level 4

Screenshot attached but there's nothing to show you - it's literally a blank white screen! Currently causing chaos for my clients... 

Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 17.58.24.png

Arveilles
Explorer | Level 4

@Megan wrote:

Hi there, @Arveilles, let's jump right into this! 

Have you tried an incognito tab on your browser, or even clearing the cache on one of the browsers? 

If you don't mind, please feel free to send me a screenshot of the page that you see on your end, in order for me to have a visual. 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Opening incognito tabs and clearing the cache does not work. The visual is just an all-white screen.

Velencor
New member | Level 2

This seems like a dropbox wide issue. All of us are having issues with the view/share links. All white screens.

DaleGiardina
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue where my team cannot see the files via browser - they are getting the WSOD !! 😁😁😁  I tried accessing on my phone browser, but the same issue.

Please Please Please keep us informed.

cschle
New member | Level 2

Experiencing the same issue, have tried multiple browsers both in and out of incognito mode – shared viewing links lead to a blank page, and the console log on the blank page is showing a number of javascript errors. Changing the "dl" parameter of the shared link from "dl=0" to "dl=1" to force-download the file seems to be working properly. The issue seems to only be affecting certain uploaded files.

DaleGiardina
New member | Level 2

does changing the "dl" parameter give any other permissions?

DaleGiardina
New member | Level 2

it appears the issue has been resolved.  all of my team has access to the site without changing the parameter.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BenDBX Community Manager
    RKM53 Explorer | Level 4
    DaleGiardina New member | Level 2
    cschle New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?