cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of photos and position of actual photo I'm viewing to be shown at the top

Number of photos and position of actual photo I'm viewing to be shown at the top

Gabor V.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This was available in the iPhone app until literally last week, not sure why it was removed. I could see something like "picture no. 128 out of 197", this way I could follow as it was uploading photos, or when I was reviewing photos to delete, I could remember "I need to go back to pic no. 128" if I got interrupted. It was a useful feature, I need it back.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

emilyc123
Dropbox Product Manager
Go to solution

Hi @Gabor V. Thanks for reaching out and providing this feedback. We will fix that and have it out in the next release (v376). 

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Gabor V. - thanks for sharing your thoughts on this with us.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, could you clarify if you're referring to files you're uploading via the mobile app on your iOS device or were you talking about previewing them?

Is this about the automatic camera uploads feature perhaps or for files you've manually uploaded to your account?

Let us know more and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Gabor V.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Walter,

It’s about any picture files in a folder while previewing them: each folder has a number of files and each file has a position within it. So, I open for preview the first image out of 263 and start previewing it. Until a couple weeks ago I could see the information at the top “1 of 263”, then as I moved with the right arrow it changed to “2 of 263” then “3 of 263” etc. This was useful to me and I’d like to have it back. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I see, thanks for the additional information @Gabor V. 

I've already logged your feedback in our system and you can let us know if you have anything else to add.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Helen DBX
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello @Gabor V. 

Thanks for reaching out. I hope you don't mind me jumping in here.

If you are referring to the “x of y” counters we used to have at the top of the UI inside a preview of a single file, indeed that was removed.

We're always looking for ways to improve Dropbox. We regularly release new versions of our products with better performance, additional features, and security enhancements. 

I will note this as feedback and we really appreciate your contribution.

Best regards, 
Helen 
The Dropbox Team

Gabor V.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Okay, I hope you will add it back.

Btw I still couldn’t find out if I could delete photos while previewing them in the app. It’s an extremely useful feature (I need to see exactly what I’m deleting!) and not restoring it makes the iPhone app way less useful. It’s actually an issue which would make me look into alternatives to Dropbox.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Gabor V., can you clarify the OS version of your iPhone, as well as the Dropbox app version you’re running on it? 

Finally, can you send a screenshot of the options you’re seeing when clicking on the 3 dots at the top part of your preview? If you scroll down the list, there should be an option to delete your file.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Gabor V.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
iPhone 15 Pro Max
iOS version 17.4.1
Dropbox version - how can I find it out? I have no app updates on my iPhone so I guess it’s the latest version
Screenshot - how can I upload here? I already uploaded a screenshot to a chat with your colleague Milo who proposed to remove and add back the app but it didn’t help, since then I have an email chat which hasn’t helped yet

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can locate the app’s version by going to its Account tab and tapping on the gear icon at the top right corner. 

As for the screenshot, there should be a small camera icon above your message box, where you can click in order to attach it. This option may only be available on a computer though. 

Feel free to send me the ticket number from your support convo as well, and I can have a look.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

emilyc123
Dropbox Product Manager
Go to solution

Hi @Gabor V. Thanks for reaching out and providing this feedback. We will fix that and have it out in the next release (v376). 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Gabor V. Explorer | Level 4
    emilyc123 Dropbox Product Manager
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?