cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Does Dropbox delete your files after a certain amount of time?

Does Dropbox delete your files after a certain amount of time?

NancyGribler
Helpful | Level 5

Perhaps I missed this when signing up, but I just revisited my account to look at the files I'd downloaded from a previous computer and all files are gone - even tho it says I've used 1.2 our of 2GB's. Nothing under deleted files. Does dropbox delete files and they are gone after 30 days?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

NancyGribler
Helpful | Level 5

Well, you were right/I didn't realize I have TWO dropbox accounts!! Thank you and found all my files!!!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Mark
Super User II

No, Dropbox doesnt delete things unless its told to OR it deletes entire accounts after 12 months of inactivity. 

If 1.2gb is gone have you checked www.dropbox.com/backups ? 

And what about www.dropbox.com/events ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

NancyGribler
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the discussion. I last worked on files in October 2023. None of the suggested solutions seem to be viable 😞

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @NancyGribler, what did you see when you visited your events page? 

Was there any sign of your files being added or removed there? Also, is it possible that you added these files to a different Dropbox account? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

NancyGribler
Helpful | Level 5

Hi there, thanks for responding. I only have one Basic $30 something dollars account. Can anyone help me on a phone call?

Mark
Super User II

@NancyGribler wrote:

Hi there, thanks for responding. I only have one Basic $30 something dollars account. Can anyone help me on a phone call?

Hi @NancyGribler 

Dropbox doesnt have such a plan.... it is $10 a month minimum. 

I dont suppose you are actually a Box customer or from another service are you? 

And phone support is only available to paid Business users I'm afraid. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

NancyGribler
Helpful | Level 5

DROPBOX* $31.99

from my credit card statement

Mark
Super User II

@NancyGribler wrote:

DROPBOX* $31.99

from my credit card statement

Try looking up the charge at https://help.dropbox.com/billing/find-credit-card-charge to see if you are logged in to a different account

NancyGribler
Helpful | Level 5

ok, went through the process. Says I'm enrolled in Dropbox essentials.

NancyGribler
Helpful | Level 5

Well, you were right/I didn't realize I have TWO dropbox accounts!! Thank you and found all my files!!!

Need more support?